Friday, January 29, 2010

The State of the Crufty Sound

Setup
Late in 2009, I saw a craiglist ad for a really dusty WRT-820.  It was priced very low...but its big. Recently reconfigured some things in the house, conveniently freeing up space, so maybe it would work? Slide something around...did some research on  it.  WOW!  Variable frequency eq on the low, mid and high.  NOW, I am very interested.  Pick it up.  One heavy ass mixer later--and lo--I am back otb.


DAW
Sequencing otb is just a bit too limiting.  It's fun, but it really gets tough to effectively use more then a few pieces at a time. Picked up a launch pad and plan on investigating live.

Drum Sequencer
The drum sequencer--got the initial design done.  Completed specs and was looking at actually getting the hardware.  BUT--DAMN, what a lot of work.  So many pieces have to be done from scratch.  The o/s. The sequencer.  Just getting midi in and out is going to be a real pain in the ass. Then I see iPad.  Then I see TouchOsc. Hmmm.

I think we have an alternative!


Kit
Slowly bringing out the usual suspects.  Oh yeah baby.  This is what I'm talking about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write what you think. If things get spammy, review time.